Beetroot chutney is delicious and easy enough to make. Just follow these steps to reward yourself with a taste of this interesting beetroot chutney recipe.
The ingredients for this include:
- A kilo of beetroots
- 4 green apples
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons of chopped garlic
- 2 onions
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- A lemon (juiced)
To prepare, you would need to:
- Boil the beetroot until it becomes tender. Once it’s cooked, let cool, peel and dice.
- Wash and dice the apples and onions as well.
- In a sauce pan, bring to a boil the diced apples and onions along with the vinegar, garlic, sugar, lemon juice and spices.
- Add the diced beets to the mixture and boil for another 10 minutes before letting simmer for 30 more minutes or so.
- Once the texture of the mixture thickens and becomes gel-like, turn off the heat and let cool.
- Pour the mixture in sterilized jars and tightly seal.
Tags: Beetroot Recipe